Ferncroft seeks attractive, risk-adjusted returns in retail, infill office, industrial and strategic multifamily assets with current income and value creation opportunities.
Ferncroft acquires assets in “A” locations throughout the Southeast. The firm has an extensive network of brokers and owners in target markets that continuously fill their pipeline with new acquisition opportunities due to the value the principals put on integrity, reputation, and their strong track record of closing complex transactions.
Through professional relationships, market knowledge and a targeted database of assets in select markets, Ferncroft is presented with and reviews hundreds of opportunities each year allowing the principals to choose the very best assets to acquire. The firm often acquires off-market investments at prices below intrinsic value, creating immediate upside upon closing. The principals of Ferncroft Capital are committed to keeping the firm a boutique investment company, which allows principal interaction and oversight on each asset they own. Ferncroft has built a compelling team of professionals around them to assist in implementing the strategic value creation of each asset. Many of these professionals have been working with the principals for over 15 years, including their legal counsel, accountants, mortgage brokers, property managers and general contractors.
stabilized/core plus assets
- Class B+ or better
- At or below market rents
- Multi-tenant preferred with largest tenant no more than 50%
- Potential to incorporate minor strategic improvements
- Infill assets with high barrier to entry
- Challenged assets/ portfolios in B+ or better locations
- Significant vacancy and near-term turnover or below market rents
- Ability to reset below market rents or sell outparcels
- Potential to incorporate extensive upgrades
- -Assets priced below replacement cost